The Best external sound card of 2021 – Top 10 and Rankings
If you’re looking for external sound card but don’t know which one is the best, we recommend the first out of 10 external sound card in this article. Check out how we decide after hours of researching and comparing dozens of items on the market.
- This 7.1 USB sound cards offers a high quality solution for upgrading desktop or laptop sound. Home Theater-Ready Audio Solution Providing a robust USB audio experience, the external sound card for your laptop or PC connects to a host computer through a single USB 2.0 connection, to deliver impressive external audio capability that can instantly be swapped between systems, without having to open the computer case for installation. Cost-Saving Solution Supporting analog and digital audio for 2 to 7.1 channel audio applications, the SPDIF output sound card provides a cost-saving upgrade from built-in/on-board sound that turns desktop/laptop sound into a home theater-ready audio solution. The audio to USB adapter features easy-to-use volume control and two external microphone inputs, for applications requiring high quality sound with multi-input capability with support for 44.1 KHz and 48 KHz sampling rates for analog playback and recording or 48 KHz for SPDIF. Easy Setup A more than suitable solution for home theater, gaming or multi-media presentations, the External USB Sound Card is easy to install with plug and play support in Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems. The USB stereo audio adapter is backed by our 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support. Note: The audio adapter’s SPDIF optical pass-through port supports two-channel audio, this port does not support 5.1 or 7.1 audio.
- 7.1 Sound card: This 1.7 USB Sound card turns your laptop or desktop PC into a 7.1-channel home theater-ready sound system through a single USB 2.0 connection.
- Cost-saving upgrade: With support for analog and digital audio output for stereo to 7.1 channel audio applications, the audio to USB adapter upgrade the existing integrated audio on a laptop or portable computer.
- Built-in features: The external sound card features easy-to-use volume control and two external microphone inputs. It also supports 44.1KHz and 48KHz sampling rates for analog playback and recording or 48KHz for SPDIF.
- Easy installation: The digital audio adapter is easy to install with plug and play support in Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
- UPGRADE YOUR GAMES ON PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH, AND PC | Get immediate increased enjoyment over basic motherboard and controller audio! Apart from incredible audio quality, the Sound BlasterX G6 boasts gaming-centric features such as Sidetone volume control and easy-to-reach profile buttons
- INDUSTRY-LEADING AUDIO PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY | Enjoy full audio customization and enhanced audio realism with immersive 7.1 surround virtualization, accurate cues, bass boost and in-game voice communication enhancements. It also has Scout Mode than enhances in-game audio cues, letting you hear your enemies before they hear you
- 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND AND DOLBY DIGITAL | Enjoy the latest in immersion technology with Dolby Digital decoding or Sound Blaster’s proprietary surround sound perfect for games and movies
- DISCRETE HEADPHONE AMP | Custom-designed Xamp headphone amplifier features discrete components through all stages of amplification in a bi-amp design. Each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an authentic, unaltered lossless model. The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 8W in-ear monitors all the way to studio-grade 600W headphones
- 130dB DNR, 32-bit 384kHz DAC Advanced 32-bit oversampled multi-bit modulator with mismatch shaping technology eliminates distortion, ensuring audio is streamed with the highest level of detail and fidelity
- BINAURAL RENDERING ENGINE WITH 7.1 SURROUND - The proprietary high-tech audio engine delivers exceptional spatial awareness and positional game audio. Delivers the game audio details and positional audio cues.
- QUICK SETTING CHANGES – save up to 4 customized sound settings on the LED touch panel that allows one-touch mode switch, also between headphone and speaker listening and make fast adjustments with a large aluminum volume Ring
- EQ SETTINGS – Get precise control of your game audio with a dedicated DAC chip and EQ presets. Specially attuned audio presets for competitive gaming focus and balance sound frequencies where they are needed
- SIDETONE - Sidetone control lets you adjust the loudness of your own voice in your headset: you know what you are saying, tune in to your teammates.
- GAMING DAC – Get precise control of your sound with a dedicated DAC chip that requires no additional drivers, for easy setup. Just plug and play.
- PLUG & PLAY USB SOUND CARD: PHOINIKAS USB audio adapter can be used to replace a faulty sound card or audio port. Add a 3.5mm port to the computer through the USB port. You can connect devices with 3.5mm jacks /2.0 USB jacks through the USB interface: headphones, speakers, microphone or USB device. Plug and play, no driver required.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with all common systems, including Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac IOS, etc. At the same time, you can connect multiple USB devices or 3.5mm interface devices to PC, laptop, PS4, Xbox One, etc., such as keyboard, mouse, card reader, webcam, MP3 player, earphone, microphone, etc.
- PERSONALIZED FUNCTION & 4 FEET CABLE: The sound card has a variety of sound effects, you can switch by "EQ", also has mini LED indicator, surround sound, unique volume control keys, microphone mute, speaker mute and volume up / down function keys, You can change traditional volume controls and increase the level of game audio. In addition, with a 4 feet cable, you can place your sound card anywhere.
- STEREO SOUND ADAPTER: The External sound card has 360 ° stereo sound surround to prevent electromagnetic interference, and has stable and best sound quality. Ideal for Skype / ICQ / Google Hangouts / Team Speak, it is also suitable for operating a second source of speakers and headphones simultaneously.
- MULTI-PORT SOUND CARD: PHOINIKAS external sound card is a sound card with audio chip, it has 6 ports, 3 of which are USB2.0 ports, and the other 3 are 3.5mm ports. Multiple ports can be plugged in at the same time, no additional adapters are required.
- Connectors: USB Type-A, Stereo output jack, Mono microphone-input jack.
- Driverless for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX.
- USB bus-powered, no external power required.
- Reverse Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
- Ideal Sound Card Option : UGREEN usb audio adapter is ideal to replace your faulty sound card or audio port, it adds a mono microphone-in and a stereo audio-out port to your computer through a USB port, which enables you to connect your existing headphones, headset, speakers, or microphone with 3.5mm jack to your PC through a USB interface.
- Practical Stereo Sound Adapter: It protects against electromagnetic interference and enjoy the stable and best sound quality. Quite great for Skype/ ICQ/ Google Hangouts/ TeamSpeak, additionally suitable as a second sound source for simultaneous operation of loudspeakers and headphones.
- Superior Features: No driver required, just plug and play! USB bus-powered, no external power required for this convenient sound card.
- Wide Compatibility: Windows 10/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX/ PS5/ PS4/ Google Chromebook/ Windows Surface Pro 3/ Raspberry Pi are ok with the usb to audio adapter. Please kindly note it only supports mono microphone TRS, it does not support TS, TRRS. Not compatible with PS3.
- Compact and Portable: Durable ABS material made the USB to headphone adapter compact and lightweight. IMPORTANT NOTE: This usb audio converter only supports mono microphone TRS, does NOT support TS, TRRS.
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
- 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
- Simple USB 2.0 Connection (Backwards Compatible w/ USB 1.1)
- Support 48/44.1 KHz Sampling Rates For Both Playbacks and Recordings
- SPDIF Optical Digital Input And Output
- Separate Left And Right Microphone Inputs For True Stereo Recordings
- 3.5mm JACK DEVICE: USB audio sound card, supports normal stereo, earphone, headphone, headset or microphone with 3.5mm jack, Raspberry Pi 2/3 Xbox PS4 Surface Tablet Laptop, especially for gaming headsets. International standard USB replaces traditional sound card. You can also use microphone and headphones together on iMac/Mac Mini devices with our product.
- NO DRIVER REQUIRED：Headset USB adaptor, international USB connector, no extra drivers are needed, easy to use, plug and play for instant audio playback. Lightweight and portable size make it convenient to take anywhere.
- MIXER FUNCTION: Multi-channel will bring you a “surround sound” experience. Mini LED and surround sound can improve the level of gaming audio. Microphone/Headphone mute function allows the headset and loudspeaker mode to switch freely providing 16 kinds of rhythmic pattern and 23 kinds of environment mode, without unplugging from the computer.
- OPERATIING SYSTEM: The external USB 2.0 sound card adapter can work with all major operation systems like Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP/ Server 2003/ Vista/ Win 7/8/10, Linux, Mac OS, etc.
- ADJUSTABLE AUDIO SOUND: The volume of the output audio can be adjusted by the volume roller on the control panel. Adjust the appropriate sound volume according to your needs.
- SUPER X-FI TECHNOLOGY CINEMATIC AUDIO HOLOGRAPHY | Sound Blaster X3 is the world’s first multi-channel USB DAC with Super X-Fi technology. For movie buffs, this is the perfect desktop audio upgrade that delivers cinematic audio at the comfort of your home. Simply set up your Super X-Fi profile via a Head and Ear-Mapping process, and experience personalized audio holography directly in your headphones. You can conveniently toggle Super X-Fi on / off directly on the device to hear the difference
- 7.1 DISCRETE, VIRTUAL SURROUND, AND DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE ENCODING | Surround immersion makes up a big part of the movie experience; X3 supports up to 7.1 discrete surround for speakers, and 7.1 virtual surround for headphones to deliver audio realism with spatialized effect that evokes emotions in your cinematic experience. For Windows users, X3 also supports Dolby Digital Live Encoding for your external audio devices
- VARIOUS CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS | The X3 is highly versatile and is compatible with many devices. It features a myriad of connectivity options – from the latest USB-C port for PC and Mac, to Optical-out, and Line-in for your AV receivers and digital audio players. X3 is also specially designed with a large volume control knob, headphone and mic jacks, three direct access buttons, and LED indicators to provide extra convenience
- CUSTOMIZABLE EQ PRESETS WITH BUILT-IN AUDIO BALANCE FEATURE | The X3 comes with three customizable EQ presets for different usages –Movies Mode, Music Mode and Footsteps Enhancer Mode. You can also find the perfect audio and chat volume level with X3’s Audio Balance feature – simply toggle amongst 2 audio sources via the Volume Control Knob to optimize the balance between game and chat with your teammates
- AMPLIFY AND ENHANCE YOUR AUDIO | Featuring high-res 115 dB DNR/SNR, 32-bit/192 kHz playback for pristine audio, the X3 doubles up as a headphone amplifier, and supports studio-grade headphones of up to 600Ω. It is also equipped to further enhance your audio experience with the redesigned Sound Blaster Command Software on PC and Mac, with full access to Sound Blaster Acoustic Engine’s suite of audio enhancements, including Dialog+ for clearer dialogues, and Surround Virtualization
How Do You Buy The Best external sound card of 2021?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great external sound card? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching external sound card, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest external sound card available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for external sound card that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an external sound card?
- What benefits are there with buying an external sound card?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective external sound card?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any external sound card, much less the best one?
- Which external sound card are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about external sound card?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding external sound card, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for external sound card, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible external sound card. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an external sound card buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available external sound card currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of external sound card has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features:What bells and whistles matter for an external sound card?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your external sound card.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade external sound card objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their external sound card.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an external sound card, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an external sound card is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining external sound card information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding external sound card is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.